NEW PATIENT INFORMATION
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR FIRST VISIT:
Consultations & Body Care Assessment
During your first visit, Dr. Phan asks you about your medical history and discusses current problems and concerns with you. He will conduct a thorough examination which may include posture and gait analysis, joint and muscle testing and, if necessary, safe, low dose x-rays. Based on the outcome of this exam, Dr.Phan will formulate a diagnosis and individualized treatment plan. If it is determined that yours is not a chiropractic case, he will refer you to another health care professional.
Relief, Corrective, Rehabilitative and Wellness
If Dr. Phan determines that you can benefit from chiropractic treatment, he will suggest a treatment plan that consist of four phases: Relief, Corrective, Rehabilitative and Wellness.
- The Relief phase, when your symptoms are most intense, is designed to reduce these symptoms and inflammation. This may involve other therapies, such as electronic muscle stimulation, ultrasound and massage therapy, to relieve pain and promote faster recovery.
- The Corrective phase helps you achieve increase function and mobility after your symptoms are either gone or significantly improved.
- The Rehabilitative phase focuses on strengthening the spinal structures in their proper positions and ensuring that correction is maintained. In this phase you should see increased strength and mobility, as well as increased energy and function.
- The Wellness phase occurs when you have achieved optimal health. At this point, you may choose to schedule periodic chiropractic exams to help maintain health and prevent new injuries.
Dr. Du Phan
- Graduated Doctor Of Chiropractic from Palmer College of Chiropractic West, San Jose, California.
- College of Pharmacy, University of Saskatchewan 1994-1998.
- Licensed to practice in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, State of California, and State of Washington.
- Practiced Diversified, Myofascial Release Technique, Flexion and Distraction, Cox, Thompson's Drop, Activator Technique, Upper Cervical.
- Speaks fluent English and Vietnamese